CA grants undocumented students in-state status & offers state financial aid.

Cali's A 131, 2011

The California Dream Act allows any person who is exempt from paying nonresident tuition at the California State University, the California Community Colleges, or the University of California to receive scholarships from non-state funds.

Cali's A 540, 2001

This law requires that an unlawful immigrant, other than a nonimmigrant alien, be exempted from paying nonresident tuition at state community colleges and the state university if these conditions are met: attendance at a state high school for three or more years, graduation from a California high school or the equivalent, registration at or attendance at an accredited higher education institution in the state, and has filed an affidavit stating that the student has applied to legalize his or her immigration status, or will file an application as soon as he or she is eligible.


For more information, please see these resources:


There are no schools for this state...yet.